Formal and non-formal theological education: beyond dialogue
Join us for ICETE's 18th global consultation as we build community and strategic collaboration for the sake of the church in its mission
Mornings Working Tracks:
- Quality Assurance in NFTE
- Technology and Tools
- Online and Distance Competencies
- Pastoral Leadership Training
- Designing Programs for the Next Generation
- and others
- Literature and Resources for TE
- Leadership and Sustainability
- Doctoral Standards
- Formation in Theological Education
- Future Missionary Training
- and others
We will spend our evenings together confessing where theological education has failed, celebrating where it has served the church well, and worshipping together.
- Location: Hotel Korumar, Izmir, Turkey
- Dates: M-F 14-18 November
- Includes 4 nights of lodging in a shared double room, all meals from evening dinner Monday through noon lunch on Friday, and roundtrip airport transfer
- ICETE Partners, Members, Associates, and Affiliates receive a 20% discount
- Early bird rates through 1 August
***Limited scholarship funds are available based on need. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. For planning travel, when should I arrive and depart?
We will begin with dinner on Monday evening and conclude with lunch on Friday. You will want to land in Izmir by about 17:00 on Monday and depart no earlier than 14:00 on Friday. If you are flying through IST, it would be best to fly out of IST after 17:00 on Friday.
2. What are the most affordable flight options?
You may find it most cost effective to book a round trip ticket to Istanbul (IST). Turkish Air then offers multiple flights a day between IST and Izmir (ADB) for less than $100. Another option is to fly through Europe and book an inexpensive ticket to Izmir on Pegasus Airlines. Please be sure to check any transit visa requirements when flying through Europe.
3. Can I make overnight arrangements at a hotel other than the Korumar Ephesus?
No. Our rate with the hotel is all-inclusive, including our meeting spaces, all meals, non-alcoholic beverages, and round trip airport transfers. The cost of accommodations is included in our package rate, so we are not able to offer a day rate or a conference-only fee.
4. Can I arrive early or stay late?
Yes. Arrival and departure information will be collected in September and you will pay for any additional nights at that time. The hotel will honor our rate 10-20 November. The cost for each additional night is $100/person in a shared double and $125 for a single room.
5. Are there any tour options?
Yes! We are offering 2 tour options on Saturday 19 November.
- Ephesus, St. John Basilica and Ephesus Museum: $50 per person
- Laodicea and Hierapolis in Pamukkale: $80 per person
Both tours include transportation, guide, and all entrance fees. You will sign up and pay for tours on site during the week, but you will need to book accommodation for Friday night 18 November when that information is collected in September.