Friday 23 September (13.00-16.00 GMT/UTC)
(Check your local time here)
‘FORMAL AND NON-FORMAL THEOLOGICAL EDUCATION IN DIALOGUE’
Register to join us online here. A $30.00 participation fee gives you one year of full access to all 70+ ICETE Acdemy courses, as well as materials and links for all online C-21/22 sessions. We encourage you to participate in these sessions with friends and colleagues.
A C-21/22 site will facilitate the connection and coordination of participants around the world. The ICETE Academy platform is being used to host the event, featuring a section that will help you prepare for C-21/22, a section with consultation materials and links to join the live sessions, and a follow-up section to continue the dialogue in preparation for the culminating event in November 2022.
In brief, these are the registration steps:
- Start by paying your fee at link above (here).
- You will receive an email with a link the C-21/22 site and an Enrolment key to enroll.
- If you already have an ICETE Academy account, that is all you need to do.
- If you do not have an ICETE Academy account, you will need to Register an ICETE Academy account. When you are asked about payment information, simply indicate that you have a discount code and type in HC2021. You can then use your chosen credentials to login into the C-21/22 site.
A distinctive event
The C-21/22 ICETE consultation is distinctive for a number of reasons:
- The Coronavirus pandemic has sadly not enabled us to confidently plan a physical gathering in 2021, so we have decided to organise a series of online events in 2021/22, followed by a physical event (location to be communicated) in 2022. The dates of the consultation events are as follows (detailed programme below).
- 16,17 November 2021, online 13:00-16:00 UTC (check your local time here)
- 11 February, 2022, online
- 13 May, 2022, online
- 12 August, 2022, online
- 14-18 November 2022 – physical event
- C-21/22 has a great topic. Theological education around the world is done either ‘formally’ or ‘non-formally’ and this will be the first time in global history that so many representatives of both approaches will come together to dialogue with each other and with church stakeholders.
- C-21/22 will use a ‘problem-solving‘ approach. The aim of all the sessions of the consultation is to identify the problems that need to be addressed in the dialogue between formal and non-formal theological education and identify solutions and strategies.
- C-21/22 is a participatory event. There will be some presentations, but the focus will be on participation by everyone in order to generate a global dialogue. That is why watch parties and participatory forums will be organised for the online events and focus groups will be an important feature of the physical gathering in November 2022.
- C-21/22 is also an optional ICETE Academy course. If you complete the participation requirements of this course (see below), you will receive a badge and 10 IA points that count toward your status as an ICETE Academy Fellow. This may be helpful if you would like your participation in C-21/22 to count towards Continuing Education or Professional Development credit.
View the initial HC-21 announcement flier and begin the dialogue now by taking this brief survey.