(@icete)
Member Admin
24/03/2020 9:14 pm  

https://covid19.worldea.org/

Tim Jacobson
 Tim Jacobson
(@Tim Jacobson)
31/03/2020 6:54 pm  

Thank you for this message of hope and the example of cooperating with the medical advice and government authority. But I am very concerned that poor theology and unwise leadership will contribute to the spread of the coronavirus through the activities of churches. COVID-19 is not just a medical problem; it is a theological and pastoral problem. I am aware of churches in Africa that are refusing to close because they think it would be a lack of faith. On the news it reports that "communities of faith" have become hot spots for the spread of the contagion (France, Burkina Faso, South Korea, etc.). But my special concern is for Africa where there is still time; however, the theology of church leaders will jeopardize their nations. What resources do you have, are you aware of, or can you develop that can be used to help mitigate this problem? 

Tim Jacobson, SIM International Theological Education Ministry Point Person

This post was modified 4 months ago by Tim Jacobson

ReplyQuote
ICETE
(@icete)
Member Admin
07/04/2020 1:55 pm  

@Tim Jacobson This is a great question! It has been on our hearts and minds for several weeks now and we are actively looking for resources and ways to address this very real concern. We hope to discuss this in an upcoming video interview. Please let us know if you come across any great resources! 

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: