ICETE is a global community, sponsored by eight regional associations of theological schools, to enable international interaction and collaboration among all those concerned for the enhancement of evangelical theological education worldwide.
ICETE’s origins are rooted in the emergence of networks of evangelical theological schools in the majority world during the late 1960s and early 1970s. From among these new associations came a call for some means by which they might be in regular contact and collaboration at the international level. The WEA Theological Commission agreed to sponsor the project, and ICETE was formed in March 1980.
In the years since its founding ICETE has become the established forum for dialogue and cooperation among evangelical theological educators internationally. ICETE has also taken a leading role in fostering renewal and excellence in evangelical theological education globally. ICETE’s membership now covers all major regions of the world. ICETE’s past International Directors were: Paul Bowers (1980-82); Robert Youngblood (1983-88); Roger Kemp (1989-97); Dieumeme Noelliste (2000-06); Paul Sanders (2006-2012), Riad Kassis (2013-2019).
- To promote the enhancement of evangelical theological education worldwide.
- To serve as a forum for contact and collaboration among those worldwide involved in evangelical theological education, for mutual assistance, stimulation and enrichment.
- To provide networking and support services for regional associations of evangelical theological schools worldwide.
- To facilitate among these bodies the enhancement of their services to evangelical theological education within their regions.
ICETE is a Global Partner within the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA). The doctrinal basis of ICETE is the WEA statement of faith. ICETE’s governing Board consists of a representative from each member body. ICETE’s Director administers the activities of ICETE under the oversight of the Board’s executive committee.
ICETE Executive duties
- Ralph Enlow, ICETE Chair (USA – ABHE)
- Taras Dyatlik, Deputy Chair (Ukraine – EAAA)
- David Tarus, (Africa – ACTEA)
- Bernhard Ott (Switzerland, ECTE)
- Michael Ortiz, ICETE International Director
ICETE Council of Reference:
- Daniel Bourdanné, International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (Chad)
- Michael Oh, Lausanne Movement (Japan)
- Wilson Chow, China Graduate School of Theology (Hong Kong)
- Peter Kuzmič, Evandeoski Teološki Fakultet (Croatia)
- Thomas Schirmacher, Theological Commission, World Evangelical Alliance (Germany)
- Chris Wright, Langham Partnership International (UK)